Friday, July 11, 2008

Do you know buffer fund?

This afternoon when browsing the news on CRIENGLISH, I paid attention to "buffer fund". To be true, when it comes to economic matters, I'm completely at sea. I'm a layman. I seldom read economic news. But you know, stock market has been down for a long time. At this time of last year some people predicted that stock market would be up, at least be even until the Olympic Games. However, things went contrary to everyone's wish, down...down ...down last 8 months or so up to now. From 6000 points to 2500 points ........So at the moment, I read the news, learning sth. about buffer fund as following:
A buffer fund, or an intervention fund, is designed to stabilize an overheated or an unreasonably slumping capital market. It's a legal fund established by certain official organizations, such as securities watchdogs, finance departments and stock exchanges.
It is really complicated for me. Will the buffer fund be launch? Will it save the market?

No comments: